Car Servicing and repairs
Burwood Automotive and Exhaust provides the residents of Ashburton, Burwood, Camberwell, Glen Iris, Mount Waverley, Malvern and Surrey Hills with high quality and honest vehicle servicing and repairs. With an extremely experienced team that has over 170 years' combined in the servicing & repairs industry Burwood Automotive and Exhaust has a large range of services they can perform from logbook servicing to roadworthy checks.
Our auto services include:
- Warranty handbook/log book service
- Brake and clutch repairs
- Steering and suspension
- Exhaust and muffler replacement
- Engine management diagnostics
- Licensed vehicle tester ( Roadworthy, RWC )
- Timing belt replacement or cam belt replacement
- Timing chain replacement including Holden VZ - VE V6 Commodore, Nissan Narvara 2.5 diesel, Audi, VW and Mercedes timing chain replacement
- Exhaust and muffler repairs and replacement, including supply and fitting of performance exhaust upgrades, exhaust tips, exhaust pipes, catalytic converters, O2 oxygen sensor, welding exhausts and replacing exhaust hangers
- Engine management testing and diagnoses including check engine light faults, poor performance, and limp home faults
- Fuel injector cleaning for both petrol and diesel engines and injector replacement if required
- Fuel system repairs and replacement. Fuel pump and filter replacement. Fuel module calibration
- Head gasket replacement including cylinder head removal due to bent or burnt valves
- Cooling system repairs to overheating engines, water pump, radiators, welsh plugs, thermo fans, heater core replacement, radiator hose / heater tap replacement and cooling system flushing.
- Engine and transmission mount replacement
- Windscreen and side window replacement. Manual and power window regulator replacement. Electric window switch replacement, wiring checks and repairs
Contact the friendly team at Burwood Automotive and Exhaust today and ask us how we can help.
Brake & Clutch Repairs
Burwood Automotive and Exhaust offer affordable, reliable clutch and brake repairs and servicing.
It’s recommended that you have your brakes serviced at least once a year. If your wheel alignment is out by even just a millimetre it can cause uneven wear on your brakes, reducing their efficiency. Additionally, if you experience any change in performance, screeching noises, or your brake pedal has moved position, you should also come in and see us.
Our brake services include service and repair, complete replacement, and disc machining.
Clutches need regular servicing to keep them operating at their best – especially automatic models. Problems in an automatic transmission are indicated by leaking fluid, a check engine light, odd noises like humming or whining, or the car changing gear in a slow or juddering manner. Manual clutches present problems by slipping or not releasing.
Our clutch services include clutch diagnosis, replacement, and servicing.
Timing Belt Replacement
Timing belts are one aspect of car care where an ounce of prevention is worth far more than a pound of cure. Should a timing belt break in a non-interference engine, it will cause significant damage; should this occur in an interference engine, it’s possible the whole engine will be rendered worthless.
Timing belts should be fully replaced when you car hits a certain mileage or age. This point can vary from vehicle to vehicle – if you’re unsure when you should have yours replaced, talk to the expert team at Burwood Automotive & Exhaust.
We offer expert timing belt replacements. We can assess your belt and provide an expert, efficient replacement if needed.
Sometimes timing belts will experience excessive wear and need replacing sooner than the recommended time frame. Symptoms that your belt needs replacing include:
- Visual damage to the belt like fraying, cracks or missing teeth
- High-pitched shrieks or whirring noises when the car is started up or idling
- Difficulty in starting, such as the engine taking several times to ‘catch’
- We’re conveniently located for the residents of Ashburton, Burwood, Camberwell, Glen Iris, Malvern, Mount Waverley, & Surrey Hills to drop off and pick up their cars, especially with our options for courtesy vehicles and priority taxis.
To book your car in for a timing belt replacement, contact us today
Exhaust Repair & Replacement
Burwood Automotive and Exhaust offer a full range of exhaust repair and replacement. And, of course, a complete range of Berklee quality exhaust components.
At Burwood Automotive and Exhaust we can repair, as well as replace, your exhaust system as required. By repairing a muffler or replacing only a section of pipe, this can often keep the cost to a minimum. Catalytic converters can prove costly if genuine replacement component fitted. At Burwood Automotive and Exhaust we can replace just the required unit and retain original pipework. Euro3, Euro4 specs are not a problem.
A leaking or poorly functioning exhaust can be dangerous so don't put off an inspection. Call us today on 9888 7000 to arrange an inspection.
Why Choose Us
Burwood Automotive and Exhaust like to think that it is our dedication and commitment to providing quality, no fuss service, repairs and information that sets us apart from the rest.
With careful explanation of work and cost up front, Stuart, James and the team provide confidence and trust seldom found with other service centres.
Our focus is – and will always be – our customers.
We stand behind our motto C.A.R.E, and we’ve been doing so for over 30 years.
As a V.A.C.C. member our service is recognised and accredited by professionals across the industry. This also means the ability to service your new vehicle while still maintaining your warranty.
Our workshop is equipped with the latest diagnostic technology and tools. Our highly qualified motor mechanics are highly trained and friendly. We are experienced service repairers on all makes and models for log book service or major repair. Makes including Audi, Mercedes Benz, BMW, VW, Skoda, Peugeot, Renault, Citroen, Volvo, Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Mitsubishi, Subaru, Mazda, Hyundai, Holden, Ford and more. We have access to a wide variety of spare parts including genuine and after market components. We only use and recommend quality parts and products on all of our customers’ vehicles.