Burwood Automotive and Exhaust offers an affordable Roadworthy service (RWC) in Burwood, Ashburton, Camberwell, Glen Iris and Surrey Hills. Our Licensed vehicle testers are qualified to carry out roadworthy inspections on vehicles fitted with LPG (Gas), but unable to roadworthy motorcycles or trucks.
How to get a Roadworthy:
- Book your vehicle in for a Roadworthy inspection (RWC) by giving us a call on 9888 7000, send us an email via our contact page or talk to us in person at 21 Duffy St Burwood.
- Bring your car in for the inspection along with your drivers licence. A licensed vehicle tester will assess your car, the process normally takes 2 hours.
- If the vehicle passes the inspection a Roadworthy Certificate will be issued. If not go to step 4.
- If vehicle fails the first inspection, we will provide a list of items that will need to be rectified for the certificate to be issued. We will also provide you with a quote of the repair costs required. If the vehicle has rust or damage to structural sections you may be required to have the vehicle assessed by a panel repair shop. The panel repair shop will be required to fill in a Structural Repair Report form found on the Vicroads website here.
- Repairs are to be carried out and vehicle represented within 7 days. Repairs can be carried out by our fully trained mechanics or a mechanic of your choosing.
- Make a booking for a re-inspection.
- If the repairs are satisfactory, a Roadworthy Certificate will be issued.
When selling your vehicle, a Registration Transfer form is required. It can be found on the Vicroads website or via this link: Registration Transfer Form